|All visitors must wear a face mask in line with national guidance on entering the hospital and for the duration of your stay|
If you do not have your own, face masks will be provided upon entry. Please dispose of masks in the yellow clinical waste bins provided on leaving the premises. Please use the sanitiser to clean your hands before wearing your mask.
The mask must cover your mouth and nose and be worn at all times unless your clinician asks you to remove it.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not enter the building. You and your household should isolate at home and follow Public Health England (PHE) guidelines.
Wearing a face mask does not change this.
Updated Visitor Information – 1st March 2022
We are pleased to announce that East Cheshire NHS Trust has reintroduced some patient visiting, in line with national guidance. This will be positive news for many patients and their relatives/friends and will take careful management to ensure continued safety. A ward-based appointment system is in place to ensure social distancing can be maintained and advanced booking is essential. Visiting will be limited to one person, per bed, per day via the booking method.
All visiting is with the agreement of the ward manager who has responsibility for overseeing safe practice on the ward. Visitors will be able to book appointments by speaking to the relevant ward directly or via switchboard on 01625 421000.
Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, and 10A at Macclesfield Hospital and Aston Ward at Congleton War Memorial Hospital will be able to receive visitors under the following strict guidelines:
- Visiting hours will be from 1pm to 6.45pm each day including weekends and bank holidays.
- Each patient may have one named visitor each day.
- A maximum of two visitors in each ward bay at any one time.
- Visitors will be allocated a time slot of 45 minutes which allows for appropriate infection control to be undertaken and enables other patients to receive visitors.
- Visitors must practice good hand hygiene and wear a face covering or mask at all times.
- Visitors must not attend if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Unfortunately children will not be permitted to visit the ward area.
- Specific arrangements will be put in place directly with regards to visiting the Children’s Ward.
If your relative is on any other ward, please contact them through the ward phone number or switchboard on 01625 421000 to discuss this with the ward directly.
We would like to thank all staff, patients and relatives for their continued cooperation and understanding at this time.